At work, my coworker Jesse and I have come up with a solution/idea to increase the diversity of our playlists. We’ve settled on a few themes, which are subject to whim and current mood; one for each day.
So, without further ado, here is our list:
- Monday. This is the worst day of the week, somber and melancholy. Thus, we chose the theme “Blue Monday.” On Blue Monday, we play Death Cab for Cutie, Radiohead, the Shins, or any other similarly low-key melodies.
- Tuesday. This is a day in flux, where motivation can make or break your productivity for the week. To help pump up the production, we pump up the volume on “Techno Tuesday.” Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada, Orbital, Depeche Mode, or other random synth-based music may apply. Unless we get bored of it, in which case it becomes “Totally Disco Tuesday.”
- Wednesday. All of the aggression of the whole week is focused upon this one day. To keep us in the mood, we have “Hump Day”, which is not meant to be taken in a literal way 🙂 Hump day is our heavy music day.
- Thursday. We ran out of themes, but we knew we needed a day to listen to our Foreigner radio station on Pandora.com. So there you have it.
- Friday. TGIF. “Casual Friday” is the day to relax. We be jammin’ to some Reggae, or other cool vibes.
So, what would your themes be?